Friday, May 1, 2009

Mandarin apples and oranges


so I've been thinking about next year and I've decided to take 3 foreign language classes, spanish, french and mandarin chinese. I wasn't sure at first wether to do chinese or not because it isn't a "useful" language but maybe it is because China is the newest emerging world power and everything so as an International Relations and Political Theory major maybe Chinese is a very useful language. but I have to step away form my own mental argument and look at my reasons for actually taking Chinese. Is it because of Jake, because he asked me to, or because I thought the idea was good. I just don' remember anymore I've been arguing for so long with myself about everything, especially Jake. But I'm taking Chinese and so I'm going to stop arguing and just trust my instincts because I guess I have no other choice. Hmmmm. I wonder, but I don't have to wonder I'll just do and see how that works for me, hopefully well...

No comments:

Post a Comment