Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Frankly my dear, I just don't give a damn!


So I've been doing some thinking on why we do the things we do in life, in love, in friendships. Why do we seem to work at trying to make things more complicated. Like Scarlett we lie and cheat and steal, but do we have to? For example does Lane have to be so possesive of Peter and then write me little notes about her worries with him and Elizabeth when I told her their relationship was not a good idea after the first break up. And does Elizabeth need to ask me about what's going on with Peter and Lane and what is Lane saying about her and why is Peter ignoring her... in the words of Rhett Butler "I don't give a damn." But I'm nice and semi helpful when called upon by my peers and Elizabeth seems down so we might have a Gone With the Wind party on the 13th after AP tests are over but who really knows. I mean we are on again off again friends because a couple of times I had to pull her knife out of my back but she has also been there for me when I needed someone, and after this year we'll prbably never see eachother again and the girl has a movie theater in her basement. And she said "Julia, you know you've always been my rock." It might be complete bullshit but it was a nice gesture. So am I like Scarlett? Maybe, I do lie and cheat and steal to get what I want and like Scarlett sometimes it ends badly for me but doesn't it for every one. Is Peter cheating (proverbially of course) is Elizabeth stealing (man wise) and are we all liars. The key is we will never know. I can only hope that watching that movie twice a year will help me learn from and avoid Scarlett's biggest mistake settling for wanting Ashley when she really had Rhett and losing him in the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment